2022 LIVE ZBrush Sculpt-Off
Welcome to the ZBrush 2022 VIRTUAL Summit!
OUR "MADE IN ZBRUSH" MONUMENT CHALLENGE IS OPEN TO ALL ZBRUSH USERS AROUND THE WORLD!!
Dive in with ZBrush 2022.0.6 or higher, or the ZBrush 2022.0.6 Trial version.
When the digital clay settles, one contestant will be crowned the 2022 Live Sculpt-Off champion!
WILL IT BE YOU?
THEME: THE "MADE IN ZBRUSH" MONUMENT CHALLENGE
Sculptures appear everywhere in our lives. From classicism in some of the world's most beloved cities and museums, to modern installations and pop-up avante garde street level art, there really are no limits to where a piece might find a home.
Ever wonder what it would be like to have your sculptural work featured prominently in a public setting? The 2022 "Made In ZBrush" Sculpt-Off will allow you to do it digitally.
Carve, chisel and rake digital clay inside the THREE (3) HOUR TIME LIMIT to create an original piece meant as a monument, fine art sculpture or installation piece. Select one of SIX (6) seriously epic locations for your sculpture to call home.
SCENE SETUP AND RESOURCES
As a contestant you will receive project files containing built-in lighting and rendering presets.
***RENDERING AND LIGHTING SETTINGS SHOULD NOT BE MODIFIED OR CHANGED***
You must select one of our six custom scenes for displaying your monument submission.
***THE "MADE IN ZBRUSH" SCENE SHOULD NOT BE EDITED OR MODIFIED***
Select one of the following terms as your source of inspiration.
Sculptures must be based on one of the prompts included here. (Images for reference only, they should not guide your designs.)
Start over/new beginning
Joined as a whole
Able to withstand great pressure
To regard or treat with respect
In order to be eligible for prizes in this year's LIVE ZBrush Sculpt-Off you MUST stream yourself LIVE working in ZBrush 2022.0.6 or higher, or the ZBrush 2022.0.6 Trial version.
Your creation must adhere to the contest guidelines for the duration of the THREE (3) hour timeframe. This stream must take place on either the Twitch or YouTube platforms. To learn more on streaming on these platforms click here.
The full 2022 "Made In ZBrush" digital sculpting challenge will be streamed LIVE to the public on YouTube and Twitch. Our live feed will see the action switch between contestant YouTube and Twitch streams to provide a focussed view of the creative process for THREE (3) solid hours!
Date of contest: Sunday November 13th, 12:30 PM - 3:30 PM PST..
- The action goes live at 12:00 PM PST on Sunday November 13th. Members of the ZBrush Team will kick off the action with a THIRTY MINUTE (30 min) pre-show before signaling the start of the competition at 12:30PM PST.
- We recommend having the stream up in your browser to stay aware of the start of the Sculpt-Off.
- SCULPT-OFF CONTESTANTS BEGIN PROJECTS AT 12:30PM PST.
- A fast internet connection is recommended for a quality stream. You must stream your screen during the competition while you are sculpting to qualify for prizes.
- A webcam is optional.
- If you choose to have a webcam, you must ensure that you and or your background does not include any content deemed to be offensive, inappropriate or in violation of what a reasonable person would consider to be acceptable. Failure to adhere to rules outlined herein will result in immediate removal and disqualification from the event and broadcast.
- Find more information on the speeds and guidelines for Twitch and YouTube.
- In order to be eligible for a prize you must be streaming live during the entire broadcast of the 2022 LIVE ZBrush Sculpt-Off, Sunday November 13th, 12:30 PM - 3:30 PM PST on Twitch or YouTube.
- If your broadcast is not maintained for the complete three hours you will be subject to disqualification.
- ***IF YOU START SCULPTING EARLY ON THE COMPETITION PIECE OR END LATE, YOU WILL BE SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION.***
- If an internet connection is lost or have you experienced a power outage during the 3 hours of the LIVE ZBrush Sculpt-Off, a link to all multiple stream replay videos must be provided. The video replays must have taken place during the 3 hours of the LIVE Sculpt-Off and total time between any replay videos cannot exceed 10 minutes. These streams must show a consistency of the sculpted piece from one video segment to another. Major changes to a model that is not captured in any of the stream replay videos will be a cause for disqualification.
- Your stream channel must be set to automatic recording during the 2022 LIVE ZBrush Sculpt-Off. For more information on setting auto recording in Twitch and Youtube.
- Your stream title must begin with #LIVEZBrushSculptOff2022.
- Download the official 2022 LIVE ZBrush Sculpt-Off competitor graphic to be visible in your stream. This graphic must be visible on your screen for the entire time of the contest.
- In order to qualify for any prize, the recording of your 2022 LIVE ZBrush Sculpt-Off stream must be available on your channel for re-watch until winners have been announced.
- This contest is about original work from you!
- You have 3 hours to complete a single final image that must be submitted on the official 2022 LIVE ZBrush Sculpt-Off topic on ZBrushCentral.com by 3:30PM PST.
- Your final image uploaded to ZBrushCentral must be a minimum of 1500 pixels in either horizontal or vertical dimension.
- You can only use the following software during the competition: ZBrush 2022.0.6 or higher, or the ZBrush 2022.0.6 Trial Version.
- The ZBrush interface must be visible the entire time of the 2022 LIVE ZBrush Sculpt-Off. A webcam is not required but is encouraged.
- BASE MESH: Only files or assets included in the default installation of the most recent version of ZBrush 2022.0.6, or the ZBrush 2022.0.6 Trial Version are permitted.
- ***IMPORTING OR LOADING OF ANY EXTERNAL MESHES THAT ARE PREMADE IS PROHIBITED.***
- BRUSHES: You may use any sculpting brushes shipped with ZBrush during the contest.
- CUSTOM INSERT MULTI-MESH OR IMM BRUSHES ARE PROHIBITED. YOU MAY NOT USE CUSTOM IMM BRUSHES DURING THE CONTEST.
- ONLY DEFAULT INSERT MESH BRUSHES (IMM) shipped with the standard installation of ZBrush are allowed during the contest.
- PLUGINS/MACROS: You may use any plugins or macros, as long as they DO NOT CREATE NEW GEOMETRY OR MODIFY EXISTING GEOMETRY.
- Decimation Master and ZRemesher can be used throughout the competition.
- CUSTOM UI/HOTKEYS: are permitted. You may use Custom UI and Hotkeys.
- BACKGROUND IMAGE: Contestants will be provided a scene file including lighting and render settings. Contestants select one of SIX (6) scenes and work to integrate a monument or installation based sculpture design into the selected location.
- Scenes and ZBrush Project files cannot be altered.
- Contestants may take advantage of material and color editing capabilities when modifying their respective sculptures. Material and color settings of all background assets and "MADE IN ZBRUSH" base should NOT BE EDITED.
- Project Lighting and Background elements SHOULD NOT BE ALTERED/EDITED.
- All elements in the final image MUST be created during the THREE (3) HOUR duration of the competition.
- RENDER PRESETS ARE NOT PERMITTED.
- RENDERS: ONE (1) FINAL IMAGE OF YOUR SCULPTURE MUST BE COMPLETED AND UPLOADED TO THE DESIGNATED ZBRUSHCENTRAL TOPIC BY 3:30PM PST. ANY ENTRY AFTER THIS TIME WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
- No personal or commercial logos are allowed on the final image(s) or within the sculpture. Failure to adhere to these parameters will result in disqualification.
- You may use any digital reference images you'd like to view. Do not put any final concept images on the monitor that will be broadcast during the stream.
- Please keep images 'clean' and avoid pornographic, defamatory or offensive images for live streaming. No mature content and please also be sensitive to our viewership. Google "Safe-Search friendly." (Violators will be subject to disqualification and removal from the ZBrush Summit stream.)
- All contestants must abide by rules and regulations of the country in which they reside at time of the contest.
- ANY IMAGES DEEMED TO CONTAIN CONTENT THAT DEPICTS RACIAL, POLITICAL, RELIGIOUS COMMENTARY OR ANY OTHER INFLAMMATORY/DEFAMATORY MATERIAL IN AN INAPPROPRIATE MANNER WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION AND IMMEDIATE REMOVAL.
- Maxon is not responsible for entries lost, hacked, or damaged during transmission.
- Maxon is not responsible for and will not consider incomplete or incorrect entries.
- By entering into this contest, the contestant authorizes Maxon, its partners, affiliates and associates to print, publish, televise, or otherwise utilize your name, city, state, photograph, or any likeness of you for promotional purposes.
- Maxon cannot and will not give out any results over the phone.
- Any action(s) that violates the integrity or fairness of the contest/promotion is cause for disqualification of contestant(s) at the sole discretion of Maxon.
- Maxon employees, its partners, resellers, distributors and vendors are not eligible.
- Maxon reserves the right to modify, change or discontinue the contest/promotion for any or no reason.
What you win
PRIZES WILL BE ANNOUNCED LIVE.
You MUST submit ONLY ONE (1) final image. To qualify for prizes you MUST post your final image in the official 2022 LIVE ZBrush Sculpt-Off topic on ZBrushCentral.com.
The requirements for submission are below.
- Your final image must be posted as a reply to the official 2022 LIVE ZBrush Sculpt-Off topic on ZBrushCentral.com.
- Upload your image to the ZBrushCentral forum at a minimum resolution of 1500 pixels in either horizontal or vertical orientation.
- Background Image: Contestants will be provided with a scene file including lighting and render settings. Contestants select one of SIX (6) scenes and work to integrate a monument or installation based sculpture design into the selected location.
- FIXED SCENES: Contestants select one of SIX (6) scenes and work to integrate a monument or installation based sculpture design into the selected location.
- Scenes and ZBrush Project files must not be altered.
- Your post in the official 2022 LIVE ZBrush Sculpt-Off topic must begin with the following:
- Final Submission (Your Name)
- Example: Final Submission Paul Gaboury
- Along with your final image, include a link to your recorded stream.
- All final images must be uploaded by 3:30PM PST on November 13th, 2022.
- ***DON'T BE LATE. LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR ANY PRIZES.***
- WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCEDWEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 16TH BY 11:59PM PST LIVE IN LOS ANGELES.
- A panel of industry-leading judges will evaluate all submitted final images and select the 2022 Live ZBrush Sculpt-Off Champion.
- Judges will check to see if contestants have broken any rules or have not aligned work with the contest theme(s).
- Judges will have the authority to disqualify any entry image where they deem the rules to have been broken.
All times are subject to change.
***ALL TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE***
***MAXON RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE RULES AND CONTEST DETAILS AT ANY TIME WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.***
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Good luck, and Happy ZBrushing!